I wanted to do a day to day account of where we went… but it was basically just shop & eat & shop & eat so not much of an itinerary to write about. We wanted to visit The Peak, Stanley Market & the Wishing Tree but we encountered heavy rain every day we were there (except the day we were leaving for Singapore) so we ended up just shopping. Some good places to visit if you’re going to HK soon:
- Sunny Bay MTR. You can take a train from there to Disneyland. Although Disneyland will only open on 12 Sep, the train ride itself is very fun. Hehe… it’s the one place you can really let yourself go and do all sorts of tourist-y things like snapping photos fanatically & running everywhere to pose for pictures. The windows of the Disney train are all shaped lke Mickey Mouse, and there’re displays of all the different Disney characters in the train. Heh. Perfect for puerile entertainment. 😛
- Times Square (Causeway Bay MTR) – 13 floors of shopping!
- Island Beverly (Causeway Bay MTR) – It’s like the Far East Plaza of HK.
- Mitsukoshi / 三 越 (Causeway Bay MTR) – Maxim Dimsum Restaurant – you’re an idiot to miss this place. You MUST MUST MUST try their egg tarts & char siu soh
- Every single Esprit store you come across… especially the one at Tsim Sha Tsui, opposite Park Lane Shopping Ctr
- Park Lane Shopping Ctr – check out the U2!
- This local diner that’s opposite BP International House (Jordan MTR). The macaroni & ham, milk tea, and French toast is droolicious! (I forgot the name of the diner but if you want, you can check out how it looks from my photos. Haha.)
I have a warning though. In case you’re travelling with a smart aleck like i was… do NOT let him take you to see the “longest escalator in the world”. That darn escalator is but a red herring i tell you!! It’s the longest escalator to NOTHING. You just go up up up… to realise that it ends at this stupid road with nothing to see. *Rolls eyes*. Then u spend the next 20mins climbing stairs all the way down… *shakes head*. As if all that shopping didn’t give our legs enough toning!
Zounds & Azure – is one of you holding onto my map? ‘Cos i can’t find it with me. Can you return it to me if it’s with you? Thanks…