Once again, I am the author of a lengthy complaint email. Enjoy.
I am forced to write this complaint email thanks to your staff, Malah (or however you spell her name). Due to her nasty attitude and inability to converse, I have no choice but to put down my points in writing.
1. Park & Ride – Simei Blk 248
- I purchased a Park and Ride package on 4 April 2008 at 12:54:32.
- On the night of 4 April 2008, when I exited the carpark between 10-11pm, I was STILL charged for the full day’s parking at Simei. Does it take more than 10 hours for something as simple as a renewal of season parking to be processed? The first time I bought my Park and Ride package, it took less than an hour to be effected.
- On 5 April 2008, I parked at Simei Blk 248 from about 12pm to 11pm. Again, I was charged for the full day’s parking.
Please review the matter and issue the refund due to me.
2. Malah’s Extremely Rude Behaviour
I contacted the Transitlink office regarding the above over-charging issue one month ago in April. However, their staff, Helen, did not follow up as promised and thus I sent an email regarding this matter again yesterday. A Janelle from Transitlink called me promptly and said she will look into the matter. The next call I received was from your staff, "Malah".
The minute I answered Malah’s call, she was on an extremely defensive mode and starting rattling on about how there was no wrong charges for 4th and 5th May. At first, I was confused by her, before I realised that she checked the wrong month. I told her that I was overcharged in the month of April and not May, which made her even more defensive and she something to the effect of, "Why all of you tell me the wrong month? Of course I check wrongly".
Although I do not know WHO made the mistake – whether it was Janelle who told her the wrong month, or Malah who heard the wrong month, the person at fault was certainly not me. My email to Transitlink clearly stated the right month. Nonetheless, I endured the incessant griping from Malah and asked her to please help check for the month of April.
Malah called me back not too long after. This time, the minute she called, she started lecturing me about:
- Why did I not renew the season parking early?
- Sembenviro gives a grace period of 3 days so why didn’t I renew my season parking on time?
- Since it was "my fault" for not renewing on time, why didn’t I call Sembenviro to inform them about my late renewal?
I have EXTREMELY good answers for why I did not do the above. However, I was unable to tell Malah my reasons because SHE DID NOT ALLOW ME TO SPEAK. I tried NUMEROUS TIMES to explain my reasons to her but she CUT ME OFF EVERY SINGLE TIME. The irony is, when I finally lost my patience and told her to stop cutting me off because that is extremely rude of her, I could not complete my 2nd sentence because she CUT ME OFF AGAIN saying (very ironically), "I am not cutting you off".
May I know, does SembEnviro have any sort of training for frontline staff? Perhaps a simple 30 minutes session on "How to hold a conversation" would do great good for your staff.
That said, please note that the reason why I did not renew my season parking in time was:
- I was not in Singapore from 18 Mar – 3 Apr, and your system did not allow me to renew my season parking before I went abroad.
- The day after I returned to Singapore, I went to renew my season parking immediately and even though I had missed 3 days of parking in April, I still paid the full price of $70.
- When I went to renew my season parking at the Transitlink office at Raffles Place, I was NOT informed that I needed to call Sembenviro to inform yourselves about the late renewal.
I certainly hope this email is not checked by Malah because I do not believe I will get a fair and just response from someone as unreasonable sounding as her. I also do not wish to ever hear from her again. Please allocate another staff who is able to hold a proper conversation to follow up on this.
Please be forewarned that to ensure my complaint gets fair airing, I may be publishing this email, as well as any replies from you in any public media or forum that I deem appropriate.
Does this happen to anyone else out there?