Better Safe Than Sorry

My dad, who’s an extremely risk averse person, used to warn against sitting directly below fans.  I used to do that too… but stopping being so careful as “nothing ever happened”.  Well, this article shows that… my dad isn’t that paranoid after all.

==============

FAN FALLS ON COUPLE

Wife recalls fan falling on her and husband

A couple were enjoying a late breakfast at a food centre in Bedok when they suddenly felt something hit their heads.

By Shree Ann Mathavan and Lediati Tan

21 January 2010

They were planning to have a late breakfast at a food centre after shopping for groceries.

The couple chose a table in a quiet corner as it was directly under a fan. They ordered their coffee from a drinks stall and were about to sit down when they suddenly felt something hit their heads.

Madam Genevieve Logaraj and her husband recoiled in pain. After the initial shock, they realised that the ceiling fan above them had fallen.

The spinning blades had hit them both before crashing onto the table and then landing on the floor. This freak accident happened at about 11am yesterday at Fengshan Food Centre at Block 85, Bedok North Street 4.

Said Madam Logaraj: "There was no sound, then I was hit on the head.

"Everything went black. I held onto the table and I felt faint. So I sat down and put my head between my legs."

The couple were taken to Changi General Hospital for outpatient treatment.

Madam Genevieve received three stitches for a cut on her forehead and her husband had eight stitches on the top of his head.

Source: http://www.tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,227729,00.html?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *