Private with Chuck on 24 Oct 2013
1) Foot Position
- Don’t open feet outwards so much. Small V.
2) Sugar Push
- Count 3 – should feel like a “check”. Weight should push into the floor. Do not pitch forward. Breathe in to expand frame.
- Count 4 – push/ glide back, marginally diagonally right. Make sure to post on 4.
- So not rush the 5 & 6.
- Hold the 5-and. Make sure nose over toes. The “and” should be at the base of right heel.
- Step 6 slowly. Make sure not to land on heel till last moment.
- The 5 & 6 should feel like walking backwards. Don’t think too much.
- If there’s a need to adjust distance on the ”and”, make sure to collect right foot b4 moving forward for 1.
3) Underarm & Left-side Pass
- Do not bend knees / plie on count 3-and.
- Step right foot slightly out on 4 so left foot doesn’t detour around right foot.
- Make sure to post on 4.