Was introduced to a new messaging app today called Telegram. Interface wise it looks almost identical to Whatapp but there’re 5 really cool things I like about it:
1) There’s this “secret chat” function where the msgs aren’t saved on Telegram’s server & they are encrypted.
2) There’s this “self-destruct” feature that you can set such that read msgs will be automatically deleted
after the selected length of time is over.
3) The app doesn’t restrict the size of media attachments hence it sends photos in their original file size / resolution. This is super yay! Cos I really dislike all the blurry photos due to whatapp resizing them.
4) You can mute individual chats.
5) It can work across multiple devices (I managed to sync the chats to my iPad mini.)
Quick go download the app & try! It’s free! https://telegram.org
Finally took the downtown line on Mon. Walked to Boon Tat St for lunch. Was quite breathless on the way there cos I was sick & had problems breathing. Think my boss got tired of walking slowly on the route back to office after lunch so when we passed by Telok Ayer MRT, he suggested taking the downtown line back.
Nothing out of the ordinary happened but I suppose it was good to finally try the newest MRT line. I did notice that the train was much wider than the trains on the other lines. There seemed to be fewer seats too. Probably good for packing more people into a carriage.
Pinky has impeccable timing. He was flopped on his side, sleeping like a log while I was patting him. So I told him that I could only pat him for another 5 mins before going home.
Lo & behold! Exactly 5 mins later, Pinky sprung up, scratched his ear, & ran out to the porch for a supper treat. Incredible! And that delayed my going home. LOL.
Our generation is very fortunate. Even at 22 years old, our parents will willingly sponsor our education overseas.
Some people are so blinded by their feelings that they cannot tell when they’re being henpecked or manipulated emotionally. Sigh.