I wished I had an actual photo to show you but I wasn’t home when it happened and even if I was, I think I would’ve been too panicky to take a photo. Horlicks got herself into trouble again. When no one was keeping an eye on her, she managed to jump up onto this cupboard on the right.
My dad thinks she hopped onto the stuff he placed on the right of the cupboard and standing on top of the mess of tins and other containers, she managed to leap onto the cupboard.
Amazingly, she didn’t break a single item on the cupboard. Having said that, it didn’t take her too long either to realise that she was “stuck” ‘cos there wasn’t enough space for her to jump down… unless she wanted to risk slamming into the chair. So she tiptoed about the top of the cupboard till my dad saw her.
My dad got a shock. He quickly removed the items on the cupboard – the blue head, chessboard, glass figurines, etc, so that Horlicks could walk to the left end of the cupboard, and leap off the cupboard (there’s space on the left of the cupboard but it’s not captured in the photo). While removing the items, my dad scolded her, “Bad boy! Jump jump jump! See. Now cannot come down. Bad boy!”. (My dad refers to all the bunnies as “boys” regardless of their gender).
My dad thinks she was remorseful ‘cos the minute she leapt down, she ran fast as a bullet into her cage, huddled into a ball and kept her head low. I think she was probably embarrassed at being stuck on top of the cupboard, especially since Pinky was watching her every move, as he thought about whether to join her or not. Obviously, he wised up and didn’t follow Horlicks. Sigh. Keep telling my dad that someone needs to jagar Horlicks everytime she’s inside the house ‘cos you never know what mischief she might get up to next. Really worried she’ll brazenly and foolishly leap off the stairs some day. Sigh.
Sigh. Not sure what exactly is the matter but MSN doesn’t seem to be accepting web connections via the https port. Managed to get on MSN via imo.im this morning… but after I accidentally disconnected from it, I couldn’t log back on the whole day. https://meebo.com couldn’t work either… till now.
Anyway, I wanted to blog about this last week but couldn’t find the time to. I know this isn’t a new app but it seems like it’s not very well known. Presenting to you, Adobe AIR. Adobe AIR is a programme that allows developers to build an Internet application to run outside the browser. Lost? In simple terms, Adobe AIR allows you to run some web-based applications from your desktop instead of having to go through an Internet browser.
A good example (or rather the only use I have for it now) is to log into MSN. My gripe about using a web-based IM like meebo is that even when I minimise the browser, it remains on my taskbar. In the event my boss clicks on my browser window, he will be able to see that I’m logged onto meebo (using another window tab to block it notwithstanding).
With Adobe AIR however, I can log onto meebo.com without going through any Internet browser. When I minimise the programme, it remains discreetly in my systray (that’s the area where your system clock is). Very similar to IMO.
Here’re some screenshots of how meebo looks like via Adobe AIR (it’s called “meebone”)…
This is how meebone looks like when I log in and open the contact list.
When minimised, meebone is discreetly hidden in the systray… the little blue speck you see is actually the meebone icon. Click on it and it launches meebone. 🙂
Great app eh?
I just hope MSN starts accepting https connections again… though meebone is good, imo’s display is still nicer. 🙂
Member of Parliament (MP) Seng Han Thong (in my opinion), must be the most unfortunate MP in the history of Singapore. He was assaulted by a cabbie some years back over a taxi licence revocation issue that the cabbie wanted Mr. Seng’s help with, and now some guy who’s mentally unstable splashed kerosene on him and set him on fire.
News reports stated that Mr. Seng suffered 10-15% burns on his body (his back, face, neck). Thankfully, his eyes were not hurt in the incident. Sigh. For more info, click here.
Got this from this website.
The following were actual announced in church services or appeared in church bulletins.
- The scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recyled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
- Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. All ladies are invited to lunch in the fellowship hall after the B.S. is done.
- Evening Massage – 6 p.m.
- The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would give him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.
- The third verse of “Blessed Assurance” will be sung without musical accomplishment.
- For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- The Reverend Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the congregation.
- The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing “Break Forth Into Joy”.
- A songfest was hell at the Methodist Church Wednesday.
- Due to the Rector’s illness, Wednesday’s healing service will be discontinued until further notice.
- Stewardship Offertory: “Jesus Paid It All”.
- The music for today’s service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
- Remember in your prayers the many who are sick of our church and community.
- The eighth graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement noon Friday. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- The concert held in the fellowship hall was a great success. Special thanks to the minister’s daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual, fell upon her.
- Twenty-two members were present at the church meeting held in the home of Mrs. Marsha Crutchfield last evening. Mrs. Crutchfield and Mrs. Rankin sang a duet, “The Lord Knows Why”.
- Don’t let worry kill you, let the church help.
- The rose on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- This afternoon, there will be a meeting at the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind and they may be seen in the church basement Friday.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” Come early and hear the choir practice.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7:00 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double doors at the side entrance.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- Announcement in a church bulletin for a national PRAYER & FASTING Conference: “The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer Conference includes meals.”
- The sermon this morning: “Jesus Walks On The Water.” The sermon tonight: “Searching For Jesus.”
- Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don’t forget your husbands.
- The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been canceled due to a conflict.
- Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say “hell” to someone who doesn’t care much about you.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang I Will Not Pass This Way Again, giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jack’s sermons.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J. F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
- Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy lunch.
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.
- Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 p.m. – prayer and medication to follow.
- This evening at 7 p.m. there will be a hymn sing in the park across from the church. Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin.
- The associate minister unveiled the church’s new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: “I Upped My Pledge – Up Yours.”